Discover Houses for Rent in Chico, CA
Chico is a city near the Nevada border that's north of California's capital, Sacramento, and other urban locations such as Yuba City. Homes for rent in Chico give renters a chance to spend time in Bidwell Park, a venue that will grant residents leisure and recreation time. Residents can become members of the Canyon Oaks Country Club during their tenure in Chico. The city is also the location of one of the branches of California State University. Public transportation and the Golden State Highway allow renters easy means of transportation.
Historical Facts About Chico
- The city was founded in 1860 in the hopes that the location would provide an opportunity to get rich from the California Gold Rush. The founder was Gen. John Bidwell, who purchased Rancho Del Arroyo Chico with the money he made from discovering gold.
- Bidwell dubbed Chico the "City of Roses." This nickname stemmed from the general's agricultural interests - he introduced a number of rose varieties.
- The famed Sierra Nevada Brewing Company is located in Chico.
- The city has abandoned silos that were used during the Cold War for storing missiles.
- Segments of "Gone with the Wind" and "The Adventures of Robin Hood" were filmed in Chico.
Resources for Renters
- Chico's official website supplies renters with information on economic development in the city, city budget info and minutes and agendas, among other topics. The site also has contact information regarding maps and the city's mailing address. It also gives emergency contact information, should any trying situation arise.
- Chico Unified School District's website provides information on schools in the city. Parents should visit this site to learn about the district's values. The site has a specific page tailored to parents called "Parent Resources."