Discover Houses for Rent in Daly City, CA
Daly City is the most populous city in San Mateo County. It neighbors Brisbane and South San Francisco and is directly alongside the North Pacific Ocean. Renters searching for homes for rent will find numerous interesting locations in Daly City. Residents can eat at Estrada's Restaurant, the famed California franchise In-N-Out Burger and Val's Restaurant & Lounge. Renters can get their vehicles fixed at O'Reilly Auto Parts and Inside Garage, Inc. The Daly City Party Playhouse is a good place for parents to take their children, while Western Korean Church-Nazarene and Kja Temple are some places for religious residents to worship.
Interesting Facts About Daly City
- Because of its geographic location, Daly City is called "Gateway to the Peninsula."
- European and Spanish settlers lived in the area around Daly City during California's early history.
- The contemporary city is known for its vibrant small business climate and is also famed for health care and retail.
- John Daly, a dairy farmer and businessman, was instrumental in the development of Daly City. He pioneered a 250-acre ranch in the area. He was also the impetus behind the development of a library and the first bank in the area.
Resources for Renters
- Daly City's website has handy pages for prospective renters. These include pages with information on utility bill payment, recreation, jobs and the city's municipal code. The site also has a page on City Hall, providing up-to-date news on the city and the departments of the hall.
- The Daly City-Colma Chamber of Commerce's website gives residents information about business in the city, the chamber's board of directors, instructions on how to become a member, a business directory and a page called "Relocating."
- Parents should visit the websites of Jefferson Union High School District and Jefferson Elementary School District to learn about schools in the area.