Locate Your Next House for Rent in Phillips Ranch, CA
A master-planned community located in the southwestern portion of Pomona, this small rural town in California is a part of the larger Los Angeles County. Homes for rent benefit from the area's prime location near the Chino Valley Freeway, which grants residents access to countless nearby attractions.
Interesting Phillips Ranch Facts for Renters
- Situated just 4 miles southwest of downtown Pomona, Phillips Ranch was first developed by Louis Lesser in 1965. In 1864, Louis Phillips acquired the southern end of Rancho San Jose that was comprised of more than 22,000 acres of land.
- One of the largest parcels of undeveloped land in Los Angeles County, Lesser's company purchased Phillips Ranch in 1964 and constructed 10,000 housing units.
- The community has access to two higher education facilities: California State Polytechnic University in Pomona and Mount San Antonio College, which is located in the nearby city of Walnut.
Useful Resources for New Phillips Ranch Residents
- The City of Pomona website offers renters a range of information about the surrounding area, including amenities that can be found in Phillips Ranch. From government data and visitor center materials to legal documents and news links, it has everything residents need to stay up to date on the community.
- The area's education is managed by the Pomona Unified School District, which strives to provide excellent classes and programs to keep young minds nurtured while living in Phillips Ranch. Parents can visit its website and learn more about the various facilities available in the Pomona region.
- Renters can review the list of parks in Pomona that encourage ongoing outdoor activities throughout the year. Fields for soccer and baseball as well as picnicking and hiking are littered through Phillips Ranch.