Discover Houses for Rent in Federal Heights, CO
The Adams County, Colo., city of Federal Heights has the motto "Rising to Great Heights," and between the nearby parks and recreation district, the local economic opportunities, and the mild, sunny climate, families looking for homes for rent in the area will quickly see why.
What Do Federal Heights Residents Need to Know?
- Federal Heights is located approximately 20 minutes north of Denver. To get to the state capital, head down Interstate 25.
- The municipality is served by the Adams 12 Five Star Schools system. Parents interested in other options might want to consider the Pinnacle Charter School or Rocky Mountain Lutheran High School.
- Federal Heights' city council is made up of six council members, the city manager and the mayor.
Resources for Renters
- Federal Heights maintains a website and Facebook page for residents who want to keep up with local events, learn about business opportunities in the area and access information about government services and initiatives.
- The city publishes a newsletter a few times a year, and back issues are archived on its website.
- Meanwhile, people eager to explore what the area surrounding Federal Heights has to offer should head to the Adams County website.
Things to Do Around Federal Heights
The 64-acre Water World is Federal Heights' major attraction, but locals who don't want to get their feet wet shouldn't worry, as the Hyland Hills Park and Recreation District - the first district of its kind in the state - boasts a bevy of other offerings. These include the Ice Centre at the Promenade, the Greg Mastriona Golf Courses at Hyland Hills and the Donald E. VanArsdale Gymnastics Center, as well as 29 sports fields, 27 parks, and an assortment of swimming pools, racquetball courts, tennis courts and more.