Discover Houses for Rent in East Saint Louis, Illinois
East St. Louis is located in St. Clair County, just ten minutes outside of St. Louis, Missouri. The city is conveniently located close to St. Louis Downtown Airport and about 15 minutes away from Horseshoe Lake. Residents of East St. Louis get the best of both worlds because it's close to the city, but has the feel of a tight-knit community. Between the two, there's always something to do, which is why it's a great option for families who are looking for homes for rent. Check out all that the area has to offer.
Fun Facts about East Saint Louis
- Visit the Gateway Arch monument in St. Louis, where you can see 30 miles in each direction. Inside of the arch is the Museum of Westward Expansion, which has information pertaining to the adventures of Louis and Clark.
- Bring the kids to the Six Flags amusement park in St. Louis, where you can go on the Screamin' Eagle or Grand Ole Carousel.
- Grab a bite to eat at one of East Saint Louis' restaurants. El Ranchito Bar and Grill is a grocery store and a restaurant in one. They offer an assortment of Latin dishes, including prepared fajita meat that you can take home to make yourself. From tacos to ceviche, the extensive menu covers it all.
Information for Renters
- Visit the East St. Louis official website to learn more about the current elected officials, like the mayor, treasurer and city council. The site also has a brief history of the area and access to the public school's website.
- Check out the Metro-East Regional Chamber of Commerce if you're interested in becoming a member or if you'd like to learn more about local businesses in the region.