Find Houses for Rent in Whiting, IN
Whiting is a city in Lake County and is just outside of Chicago. This city sits right on Lake Michigan, making homes for rent in this area very desirable. Check out this city's Oktoberfest, which is known by locals for being an enjoyable fest for families. This event has activities during the day, a beer garden and even beer Olympics. If you enjoy music, listen to the Whiting Park Festival Orchestra, which offers free symphony concerts to anyone willing to listen. Normally these shows are held in the summer, so people can grab a blanket and a bottle of wine and enjoy the event.
Facts for Renters
- Visit the Hammond Marina, which was recently rebuilt. Walk along the piers or even take a scenic bike ride with your loved ones. This spot also offers people a small beach with opportunity for swimming and fishing.
- If you love Polish food, check out the Pierogi Festival. Aside from the food, this event also has a polka parade, several floats and a band of bagpipe players. It truly can't be missed and is enjoyable for anyone regardless of their heritage.
- Take a day trip to the Whiting Public Library, which is known for its beautiful architecture. Much of the money donated to build the library was given by Andrew Carnegie. This library has a considerable area just for children, so it is a great stop for anyone with young kids.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know this area better by visiting the Whiting website, which has links to city government and resources.
- Learn more about what there is to do in town by picking up a copy of the Whiting News.
- Figure out what local school you want to enroll your children at by checking out the School City of Whiting.