Find Houses for Rent in Chalmette, LA
Located a few miles outside of New Orleans, this community in St. Bernard Parish is afforded the amenities of quiet suburban living and a close proximity to city life. Families interested in homes for rent will instantly fall in love with this quaint Louisiana town.
Fun Facts for New Renters in Chalmette
- Residents with an eye for accessories flock to the Jose Balli Gallery in Chalmette. In addition to selling art, much of the jewelry is made using an ancient method of carving pieces into wax and converting them into metal.
- Visitors to Pakenham Oaks park will enjoy the wide field that's perfect for all kinds of recreational activities for the whole family to participate in. The park gets its name from Sir Edward Pakenham, who attempted to overthrow future President Andrew Jackson in a battle during the Napoleonic Wars.
- The spacious Sydney D. Torres Memorial Park provides a relaxing environment for visitors to sit down and read on sunny summer days. With picnic tables for eating and chatting, there's also a lovely gazebo and pond full of fish.
Important Resources for Residents New to St. Bernard Parish
- Schools in Chalmette are managed by St. Bernard Parish Public Schools. One of the premier education systems in the region, its mission is to assist students in achieving academic excellence and provide them with a better future.
- The St. Bernard Parish Fire Department is dedicated to its service of protecting the citizens of its community. It runs home fire safety programs for residents to take part in and learn how to safeguard their homes against fire damage.
What to Do in Chalmette
With New Orleans barely a stone's throw away, residents of Chalmette will enjoy the privacy of their homes and the neighborhood sense of community exhibited by its residents.