Find Houses for Rent in Harvey, LA
Located outside of New Orleans, this unique Louisiana community is the perfect place for families ready to settle down in the South. Homes for rent in Harvey are given the luxury of privacy and beautiful scenery, as they're found near the Mississippi River.
Important Facts For New Harvey Renters
- As a member of Jefferson Parish, this town benefits from the countless amenities the community has to offer, including a strong school system and industrial background.
- Harvey is home to the Harvey Canal, which connects the Mississippi River to Bayou Barataria. This waterway serves to increase the industrial business of southern Louisiana.
- The Boomtown New Orleans Casino is headquartered in the heart of Harvey. Countless casino games, such as slots and blackjack, as well as five-star dining, round out this magical attraction.
Useful Resources for Residents New to Harvey
- The Jane O'Brien Chatelain West Bank Regional Library in Harvey is operated by the Jefferson Parish Library system. One of the largest libraries in the region, it has more than 35,000 square feet of books, magazines and DVDs for citizens to expand their minds.
- Harvey schools are a part of the Jefferson Public School System and benefit from a strong community of educators who feel children deserve the highest quality education available. They believe all students can learn given personalized instruction from excellent teachers.
- The law enforcement team from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office preserves the safety of Harvey, ensuring that residents can live comfortably in town. They offer tips on home protection and provide real-time information on crimes in the area.
What to Do in Harvey
The city's proximity to New Orleans and central location along the Mississippi River mean that families looking to rent in Harvey will have many opportunities for social and economic advancement.