Find Houses for Rent in Jefferson, LA
Located a short distance from New Orleans, this community in Jefferson Parish has everything that families need for a fresh start in the lovely state of Louisiana. Homes for rent benefit from the town's location along the Mississippi River.
Fun Facts About Jefferson for New Residents
- Jefferson is home to the River Shack Tavern, the state's most well-known live music venue. Equal parts bar, restaurant and club, residents come from all over Louisiana to get a taste of River Shack.
- The town has its roots in agriculture, as it's the headquarters of the River Road Flea Market. Local collectors and shops sell a range of antiques and collectibles, supporting the community's own economy.
- Jefferson is situated along the historic River Road, which stretches nearly 70 miles between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Some of the most classic antebellum mansions can be found on it, dating back to the early 19th century.
Important Resources for New Jefferson Renters
- The Rosedale Library operates under the Jefferson Parish Library system, serving citizens with high-quality learning materials suitable for all ages. It has a wide collection of books, movies and magazines, as well as public computers with free WiFi.
- The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office is determined to protect the community from any potential threats of crime. Every day, its officers work to provide an environment where families can feel safe and at peace.
- All Jefferson schools are managed by the Jefferson Parish Public School System, one of the best education organizations in the state. Its administrators believe that every student can achieve academic excellence with the right instruction.
What to Do in Jefferson
With the cities of New Orleans and Metairie barely a stone's throw from the town, residents in Jefferson will have no trouble finding abundant opportunities for entertainment and recreation.