141 Houses for Rent in Beltsville, Maryland
Number of Bedrooms
Beltsville House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Looking for more?
Find Houses for Rent in Beltsville, MD
Thanks to its great location and unique charm, Beltsville, Md., is the ideal community for families looking for homes for rent outside Washington, D.C. Those who seek a more relaxed home that's still close to the action will find that Beltsville perfectly suits their needs.
Key Facts for Prospective Beltsville Renters
- Beltsville first became an important player in the D.C. metro area in 1835, when the B&O Railroad Company was granted permission to run a line across the local Belt family's property. The family was honored by having the area called Beltsville.
- The community was more of an agricultural and farming area for many years, but the increased use of automobiles and construction of several highways helped Beltsville become increasingly suburban.
- Beltsville is part of historic Prince George's County. This county was founded in 1696 and has a rich heritage.
- There are numerous higher learning institutions within the surrounding area. Prince George's Community College, the University of Maryland and Bowie State University are all options for residents who want to earn a degree.
Important Community Resources
- Both the Beltsville community website and the Prince George's County website offer residents helpful information on local events and amenities.
- Beltsville children attend educational institutions within the Prince George's County Public Schools system.
Entertainment in Beltsville
Though small, there are still plenty of things to do in and around Beltsville. The community regularly hosts events residents can attend to get to know their neighbors and have a good time. With all the fascinating history in Prince George's County, there are multiple old sites to explore as well. And, on days when the family wants a little more excitement, it's easy to head into Washington for a trip to a museum.