Discover New Houses for Rent in Southfield, MI
Located in Oakland County not far from Detroit and various other points of interest in Michigan, Southfield is a gorgeous city that has a variety of diverse homes for rent available to prospective residents. Individuals will be happy to know that the city is home to eclectic neighborhoods that are relatively varied, while the skyline of the center of town is picturesque and indicative of the quintessential Michigan spirit.
What to Know Before Renting in Southfield
- Southfield is its own city, but is still considered by locals, as well as the Census, to be a suburb of Detroit. The Southfield Township is considered to be separate from the city itself.
- Although it's not necessarily within the borders of Detroit, the upscale office market in Southfield and its neighbor are considered to be conjoined.
- Skyscrapers and a variety of landmarks are present in the city's center, while there are plenty of parks to enjoy, with some hosting events in the warmer months.
Critical Resources for Southfield Residents
- Parents who'd like to access information about education in the area should refer to the Southfield Public School District website.
- Individuals who'd like to keep up with goings-on in the city should check out the official Southfield Facebook page.
- More information about public services and amenities available in the area can be found through the official City of Southfield government website.
What to Do in Southfield
Residents who enjoy a suburban lifestyle will love Southfield, especially as it's so close to the exciting and robust culture of Detroit. Additionally, the state of Michigan is home to some of the more stunning natural environments in the upper-Midwest region, all of which can be reached by a relatively short drive from Southfield's city center.