Discover New Houses for Rent in Long Lake, MN
When people in Minnesota are searching for the perfect home for rent, they need look no further than Long Lake. The shores present a great spot to raise a family, settle down in later years or enjoy the prime of your life - renters of every age will love the area. There are so many fun and exciting things to do in the city that whoever enters won't want to leave!
3 Fun Facts for Long Lake Renters
- The first individuals came to Long Lake from Nova Scotia in the early spring of 1855, but decided to settle elsewhere. They realized the city was a great place not long after, in May 1855.
- The area was first called Cumberland Town, after the county in Pennsylvania, then Tamarack after the swamps near the county.
- Long Lake has always been an area of great innovation - it used to be known as an agriculturally centered city, but it made the transition to consumer-oriented services in the 1920s.
2 Resources for Those in Long Lake
- Renters in Long Lake will want to speak to someone at the Public Works Department to learn more about water meter readings, snow plowing, managing tree growth and a number of other matters.
- To set up their water and sewer service accounts, new residents need to call City Hall soon after they move in.
What is There to Do in Long Lake?
One thing Long Lake prides itself on is the numerous parks and outdoor spaces where residents can have fun. For instance, there's Nelson Lakeside Park, which not only contains a fishing pier and extensive picnic area, but also has a public swimming beach. Others might want to check out Hardin Park, which is perfect for the sports lover, thanks to its tennis courts, basketball court and playground.