Find Houses for Rent in Clinton, MS
Located in the Jackson metropolitan area, Clinton has long been one of Mississippi's most economically thriving and culturally diverse cities. Lying at the crossroads of Mississippi between Jackson, Vicksburg and Natchez, Clinton continues to serve the area with business and educational opportunities, making homes for rent in this Southern city desirable for those who want the amenities of a big city yet the beauty and charm of a small town.
Interesting Facts About Clinton
- Clinton was the smallest city to host a Fortune 500 company.
- When the city was founded in 1823, it was named Mount Salus, or "Mountain of Health." At the time, it served as the residence of Walter Leake, Mississippi's third governor. The city's name wasn't changed to Clinton until 1828, in honor of former New York Gov. DeWitt Clinton.
- Clinton is home to Mississippi College, the oldest higher-education institution in the state. Founded in 1826, it's also the second-oldest Baptist college in the world.
Useful Resources for Future Clinton Renters
- New renters can find information on the city's various municipal departments and stay up to date on Clinton events and job openings at the City of Clinton official website.
- The online edition of The Clinton News features coverage of the city's local news, sports and arts stories.
- Individuals interested in the city's educational services can visit the website for the Clinton Public School District.
Things to Do in Clinton
Clinton is full of antique shops, making it a great city for shoppers who enjoy one-of-a-kind items and memorabilia. Most of the city's retail stores are located along Highway 80 and in the Boulevard Business District. In addition to its bustling retail scene, Clinton is home to many historical sites, including the Clinton Baptist Church, which was founded in 1852, and the Cumberland Telephone Exchange, which was the first telephone company to serve the city. Nature lovers will also enjoy Clinton's numerous parks and recreational centers.