Discover Houses for Rent in Water Valley, MS
Water Valley is located about 15 minutes from Coffeeville and approximately 30 minutes from Oxford. Homes for rent in Water Valley are within arm's reach of several recreation areas and Holly Springs National Forest, making them appealing for those who enjoy the outdoors.
Water Valley Historical Highlights
- In 1834, George W. Humphrey established the first settlement in the Water Valley area when he constructed a house near land that later became North Main Street.
- The land around Water Valley hosted an influx of settlers who arrived in large numbers between 1836 and 1837.
- A cane break once occupied the site of Water Valley before it was developed into a city, making it a choice camping location at the time.
Helpful Water Valley Resources
- The Water Valley Chamber of Commerce website hosts tools for renters with queries about attractions, housing and business in Water Valley.
- The website of the Water Valley Main Street Association can assist those interested in participating in area commerce.
- Parents with children in grades K-12 can find educational information at the Water Valley School District website.
Things to Do Near Water Valley
Water Valley rentals are a short drive away from recreational hotspots along Enid Lake, including Cossar State Park, Water Valley Landing Recreation Area, Bynum Creek Recreation Area and Plum Point Recreation Area. North of the city, in Oxford, renters can check out The Lyric Oxford, which hosts live entertainment from concerts to sports competitions. Frank & Marlee's is right down the road from the venue and serves salads, burgers and sandwiches in addition to putting on musical performances. The intellectually curious can stop by the University of Mississippi Museum, home to collections and exhibits of scientific and artistic objects.