Search Amazing Houses for Rent in Sun Valley, NV
Sun Valley is a census-designated place that's located just north of Reno, in Nevada's Washoe County. As a suburb of "The Biggest Little City in the World," homes for rent in Sun Valley offer all of the attractions, amenities and family-friendly ideals that the city does, just in a slightly quieter area.
Historical Facts About Reno
- In 1859, Charles Fuller built a bridge across the Truckee River and charged people who crossed over it on their way to Virginia City and its promise of gold. He also offered them a place to stop, grab a meal and discuss business.
- Myron Lake purchased Fuller's bridge in 1861, and used the money from the bridge to buy more land and build a gristmill, livery stable and kiln.
- On May 9, 1868, Reno (which was named after Civil War Gen. Jesse Reno) was officially established.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Check out the official website of Washoe County to learn more about the local area and familiarize yourself with all that there is to see and do within the boundaries of the county. There, you'll find online services, government information, department contacts, announcements and calendars of upcoming events that will help you meet some of your neighbors.
- Reno's official website is a great source of information about the city. It offers upcoming events, local news stories relevant to renters of Sun Valley, details about local parks and facilities and more.
- Those who are looking to pursue higher education close to home would do well to visit the University of Nevada, Reno's website. It has all the information potential students need to enroll at the university, as well as upcoming events that local residents may be interested in attending.