Locate Houses for Rent in Spring Valley, NV
Spring Valley is an unincorporated town and census-designated place located within Las Vegas. Homes for rent in Spring Valley offer all the excitement and glittering lights of Vegas, only in a quieter area where raising a family is not only a breeze, but a privilege.
Historical Facts About Las Vegas
- Anasazi Indians moved into southern Nevada 2,000 years ago and lived along the Muddy and Virgin rivers. The "Lost City" has ruins of the Anasazi community, which is in Overton, Nevada.
- Rafael Rivera was the first white person to discover the valley. He found wild grasses and plenty of water in the area, so he named it Las Vegas, which is Spanish for "The Meadows."
- John C. Fremont traveled to Las Vegas with his scout, Kit Carson, and kept a journal describing life there. His writings became very popular and convinced many settlers to travel to Las Vegas to start a new life.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Check out Spring Valley's Town Advisory Board page on Clark County's website for details about the local government and schedules of upcoming meetings. Once you've sorted through the details, visit the rest of the Clark County site to learn more about the local area, look up department contact information and find news and events relevant to residents of the county.
- Visit the Spring Valley Library's site for facts about what's offered at the facility, event schedules, help with library cards and other services that can hook you up with research materials or entertainment options in Spring Valley.
- The official website of Las Vegas is full of information about the city and its surrounding communities. You'll find everything from event calendars to local departments, services, maps, publications and facts about the city. It's a great resource to use when you're trying to get settled in a new rental.