81 Houses for Rent in Carrboro, North Carolina
Number of Bedrooms
Carrboro House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Looking for more?
Explore New Houses for Rent in Carrboro, NC
Individuals looking for homes for rent in North Carolina definitely won't be disappointed by what they find in Carrboro. Located next to famed college town Chapel Hill, there's certainly a lot to do and see in the area, whether or not you're a fan of the local sports teams. People of any age can find many interesting things to do in town.
Fun Facts for Carrboro Renters
- The town hasn't always been called Carrboro - when it was first settled in 1882, it was better known as West End, because of where it was in relation to Chapel Hill. Then, in 1912, it was renamed Venable, but that was soon changed to Carrboro in 1913.
- Until the population started booming in the mid-20th century, Carrboro was considered a small mill town.
Resources to Explore
- Those new to Carrboro may want to check out the Recreation and Parks Department. Here, locals can learn more about local sports programs, the town's indoor facility, the 11 parks within the town lines, various festivals and other exciting opportunities.
- Creative types might find excitement at The ArtsCenter. The institution offers various programs to locals of all ages, from youth dance classes to digital photography seminars.
- People new to the area might want to familiarize themselves with the Carrboro Police Department. The officers keep the town safe and orderly, and renters may want to consider signing up for the force's email alert system.
Exciting Things to Do in Carrboro
There are plenty of fun things renters can do in Carrboro, no matter the time of the year. Those interested in local sports can always take a four-minute drive over to Chapel Hill to check out a sporting event. But locals also know that they can enjoy the Carrboro Farmer's Market, the yearly Carrboro Music and Carrboro Film Festivals, as well as the DSI Community Theatre.