Find the Best Houses for Rent in Greensboro, NC
If renters are targeting significant cities, but not massive metropolises, in their hunt for homes for rent, Greensboro might be the perfect spot for them. Located in central North Carolina, the city is in the middle of the action, surrounded by smaller hubs like High Point, which is 17 miles away, and Chapel Hill, which is less than an hour to the east.
Fun Facts About Greensboro
- Greensboro was established as the Guilford County seat the same year it was incorporated - in 1808.
- The city was named after Revolutionary War soldier Nathanael Greene by founder Ralph Gorrell.
- In the 19th century, Greensboro was a frontier town, but it soon became a significant industrial city, with a cotton mill and a lively textile manufacturing sector.
- Greensboro was significant during World War II, as the city contained a major training camp for soldiers, about 300,000 of whom cycled through the program between 1943 and 1946.
Resources for Greensboro Renters
- Individuals new to the area and interested in leading a green lifestyle should look into the Greensboro Goes Green initiative. The program is interested in reducing energy costs, stopping climate change and improving the air and water quality for those in the community.
- If renters and their families are looking for fun activities, they should consider contacting the Parks and Recreation Department, which manages the various outdoor public spaces, the arts and cultural programs and the recreation centers throughout the city.
- Individuals who are looking for a career once they get settled in Greensboro should head to the city's official website and take a look at the jobs page. They can explore the open positions offered by the government.