Discover Awesome Houses for Rent in Winston-Salem, NC
Winston-Salem, a major city in North Carolina's Forsyth County, currently serves as the county seat. The city is one of the largest making up the Piedmont Triad, placing it near Greensboro and Jamestown. Families searching for homes for rent will find a pleasant and family-friendly atmosphere in Winston-Salem, full of country clubs, parks, amenities, cultural and civic institutions, and more.
Historical Facts About Winston-Salem
- Winston-Salem is the fourth largest in the entire state of North Carolina.
- The community has slightly changed its name over the years. Winston-Salem got its start as Winston in 1851. It settled on its current name not long after, in the spring of 1913.
- There are a number of universities and centers of higher education within Winston-Salem. These include Winston-Salem State University, Wake Forest University, Salem College, UNC School of the Arts and more.
- Winston-Salem's city charter was ratified in 1916.
- Winston-Salem expanded and annexed new land in 1924.
- The Wachovia Center is a prominent landmark in Winston-Salem. The building has Moravian elements in its design, probably attesting to the legacy early Moravian immigrants left in North Carolina.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Browse through Winston-Salem's official website to find valuable pieces of information pertinent to life in the city. Renters in the process of settling in will get a good orientation by delving into the site, which offers details on city services, upcoming events, the latest news, city government, the city's social media resources and more.
- The Winston-Salem Convention and Visitors Bureau has a website which will also provide a wealth of information about the city, especially useful for directing residents to notable locations in the city. There's also plenty of information about shopping and events in the city.