Discover Great Houses for Rent in Wilmington, NC
Wilmington is a city found along the Cape Fear River in North Carolina's New Hanover County and currently serves as the county seat. It's one of the most populous cities in North Carolina, and it is located near Hampstead and Carolina Beach. Homes for rent offers residents access to the amenities and pursuits that one would expect from a port city, such as parks along the river, numerous marinas, restaurants, surfing, sailing and more.
Historical Facts About Wilmington
- Giovanni da Verrazano was one of the first Europeans to explore the Cape Fear area in the 1500s.
- Wilmington is a popular tourist destination in North Carolina due primarily to its location near both the Cape Fear River and the Atlantic Ocean.
- The city was founded in 1739.
- Pivotal economic industries during the early period of Wilmington's existence included the lumber industry and naval stores.
- Subsequently, the city became a prominent center for the trade of both cotton and tobacco.
- The shipbuilding industry was also notable in Wilmington, due to the impact of the two world wars.
- The city garnered the honor of being one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. during the 1990s.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Looking into the city's detailed official website will provide new Wilmington renters with a solid foundation of knowledge about the community. There's a number of features designed to be informative, such as the latest news, the city's departments, a directory, key topics, welcome information and more.
- The site of New Hanover County Schools will be an indispensable resource for parents inquiring into the education their children will receive while living in Wilmington. The site has a wide range of information, from the district's school board to a calendar of events.