Discover Awesome Houses for Rent in Spring Lake, NC
Spring Lake is a community in North Carolina's Cumberland County, near Sanford and Fayetteville. Homes for rent in the community offer access to a slew of excellent schools, shops, restaurants, amenities and more, giving the area a friendly atmosphere that will be perfect for new families starting out.
Historical Facts About Spring Lake and Fayetteville
- Information about Fayetteville will help to shed light on the broader area that Spring Lake inhabits.
- Fayetteville got its start when two settlements were formed along the Cape Fear River in the 1700s.
- These communities became one in 1783, and the town acquired the name Fayetteville.
- The name Fayetteville was derived from the French nobleman, Marquis de Lafayette, considered to be a hero of the American Revolution. Lafayette passed through the town in 1825.
- The Fayetteville Gazette had the distinction of being the first newspaper published in the community, coming out in 1789.
- Fayetteville was the site of the North Carolina General Assembly in 1786, when the assembly named delegates to the Constitutional Convention of 1787.
- The city was a economic powerhouse in the 19th century, witnessing impressive development.
Resources for Renters
- Check out Spring Lake's official website to discover more helpful information about the town, information that will help renters settle into their new area. Prominent resources that the website contains include details about the Spring Lake community, business in the town, town government, departments and services, news and notices and more.
- Additional information about the community and its businesses can be found on the site for the Spring Lake Chamber of Commerce. The chamber also contains plenty of other features, such as a photo gallery, member directory, affinity programs, events and more.
- Browse through the site for Cumberland County Schools to discover information about education for Spring Lake students. Here there are a number of details on the district, curriculum, upcoming events and more.