Find Houses for Rent in Minot, ND
At the crossroads of routes 52 and 83, Minot is the fourth most populous city in North Dakota. Minot is well-known for Minot Air Force Base to the north of the city. Minot is composed mostly of residential neighborhoods with a commercial sector in the center near the intersection of routes 2, 52 and 83, the railroad and the Souris River. Homes for rent in Minot are about one hour from the Canadian border and two hours from Bismarck. Minot is also home to Trinity Medical Center, the Scandinavian Heritage Association, the Roosevelt Park Zoo and Oak Park. Minot is near the Upper Souris National Wildlife Refuge and J. Clark Salyer National Wildlife Refuge.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Minot is frequently called "Magic City." The magic that the nickname refers to involves the population boom in the previously desolate town. Minot is the manifestation of an idea from Henry Minot, an entrepreneur from the east. With the arrival of the Great Northern Railroad in 1886, the idea became a reality and the city blossomed.
- Minot Air Force Base's motto is "Only the Best Come North."
Helpful Resources for Residents
- When Minot residents want their local news quickly, they go to Minot Daily News. It covers the local sports and events in the city as well as the goings-on of the Air Force base.
- The Minot Public Schools serve all of the children of North Dakota's fourth largest city.
- For important city business, residents have the official website to turn to. But for families more interested in having a fun weekend than checking on the community events calendar, there are the North Dakota and Minot tourism pages, which feature fun activities near Minot.
Live in Minot
Minot is one of the best cities in northern North Dakota for families looking to live on the prairie.