183 Houses for Rent in Lewis Center, Ohio
Number of Bedrooms
Lewis Center House Options
Discover Houses for Rent in Lewis Center, OH
Lewis Center is an unincorporated community located the northwestern part of Orange Township, which is in Delaware County. The county got this name because of its close proximity between Columbus and Delaware. Homes for rent in the area allow families to jump around at Sky Zone, have a picnic at Highbanks Metro Park or view Delaware's newest nature area, Shale Hollow Preserve.
Facts for Renters
- There isn't an extensive history of Orange Township, because many of the settlers arrived and immediately got to work to make a comfortable life for themselves. The township was initially called Township 3, Range 18 of the United States Military Lands. The township was supposed to be named Virgil, but the townspeople didn't like it so it was changed to the simpler name of Orange.
- The first settler to the township was Joab Norton in 1807. Norton came to the area because of his wife, who wanted to be closer to her father who lived in the nearby community of Worthington.
- Within a year of Norton arriving, several other families came to the area and a community was quickly created.
- Today, the community still holds many of its earliest historic structures such as the Gooding House.
Resources for Renters
- Learn more about this charming community by visiting the Orange Township website, which has plenty of information for locals and visitors.
- Get the local scoop by visiting the Delaware Gazette website, which has articles on current events and even the weather for the region.
- Find out all the information on how to enroll children in school by checking out the Orange School District website.