Find Houses for Rent in Middletown, OH
Middletown is a lovely city located in both Butler and Warren counties. It's approximately 45 minutes from Cincinnati. Homes for rent allow families to take the plunge at Start Skydiving, watch a hot air balloon festival at Smith Park or play a few rounds of golf at the Weatherwax Golf Course.
Facts for Renters
- A large portion of Middletown's initial settlers were from New Jersey, who came to Middletown in the late 1700s. The city began with a few notable families, including the Vails. Stephen Vail laid out the original plat for the city in 1802 and then more land was added on by 1816. Middletown had humble beginnings, known as a small town hidden among the wilderness in Ohio.
- In the 1800s and 1900s, Middletown was no longer a sleepy town. The economy boomed and local business prospered, and the area became known for its industry. Many entrepreneurs came out of this time, including the prominent company AK Steel.
- Middletown has always had a revolving door of businesses, but education has remained unmoved. The city is home to branches of both Miami University and Cincinnati State University.
- Middletown is also favorable to the arts. Visitors can get dolled up and enjoy a night at the opera by visiting the historical Sorg Opera House, or watch a play at the Middletown Lyric Theatre.
- Sports lovers can catch their favorite game at a few different venues, including Buck's Sports Bar and Grill and Mallory's Pub.
Resources for Renters
- Learn more about this interesting city or just find out what to do around the area by visiting the City of Middletown website.
- Find out when the school holidays are or how to get involved on the school board by checking out the Middletown City Schools website.
- Get the current stories for Middletown and other counties by reading the local publication the Journal News.