Discover Houses for Rent in Yeadon, PA
The borough of Yeadon has evolved from a simple wooded area to a thriving residential suburb of Philadelphia. Located about 6 miles to the west of Philadelphia, the borough is an easy commute for residents who work in the city center or want to play in the downtown area. Homes for rent in this neighborhood are aplenty and in high demand because of the ideal location and surrounding amenities.
3 Fast Facts About Yeadon
- A number of historical landmarks associated with the incorporation and settlement of Yeadon still exist, including the Bonsall House of 1763 and Palmer House of 1774.
- Residents often enjoy Community Park on a sunny afternoon or evening. The recreational area covers 3.5 acres of land and features a walk and bike trail, fitness area, playground, basketball courts, sports fields and picnic area.
- The Yeadon Public Library is a focal point of the community and provides residents with access to many fine volumes of text, as well as movies, reference materials, books on cassettes and computers.
Informational Resources for Yeadon Renters
- The official Yeadon website contains a wide variety of resources available for residents and visitors. Locals will enjoy the ability to supply forms online and the list of contact information for area municipalities, while visitors may like the list of interesting sites.
- Residents can learn about the community and a variety of other topics by visiting the Yeadon Public Library website. The resource has a digital form and account information.
What to Do in and Around Yeadon
The proximity of Yeadon to Philadelphia means that many residents go into the city for shopping and dining. Other main attractions include the Philadelphia History Museum, Franklin Square and the Liberty Bell Center. This historic corner of the nation is an ideal place for walking and exploring.