Discover Houses for Rent in Moncks Corner, South Carolina
Moncks Corner is in Berkeley County. Nearby cities include Cross, Pineville and St. Stephen. The scenic area is dotted with several lakes and the Santee National Wildlife Refuge. It's nestled on the largest lake in the state - Lake Marion. It's home to many endangered animals, including the American alligator and the wood stork. The facility also serves as a place for ducks and geese to flock to during the winters. Unlike some wildlife refuges, this one's open to the public. If you're a nature lover, walk the trails, tour the facility or cast your fishing lines in the water. The refuge is just one reason why Moncks Corner is a great area for families looking for homes for rent.
Fun Facts about Moncks Corner
- If you're a history buff, learn more about Moncks Corner's roots at the Berkely County Museum Heritage Center, which has resources for adults and children. Located on Stony Landing Road, the museum is open every day of the week with the exception of Mondays.
- If you enjoy trying new restaurants, you'll have plenty to choose from living in Moncks Corner. Dining options include Waffle House, El Maguey and Zaxby's. Check out Gilligan's at the Dock which is adjacent to the Cooper River.
- If you've always wanted plant your own garden but don't know where to start, consider joining the Carolina Yards Gardening School.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website if you're interested in learning more about the area's history, or to see a list of special events.
- Check out the Berkeley Chamber of Commerce website if you'd like to learn more about the organization or for membership information. The site posts a list of private chamber events and ones that are open to the community.