Discover Houses for Rent in Boerne, TX
Boerne is the county seat of Kendall County. It's located in the San Antonio area, close to Spring Branch and Comfort. Homes for rent will give residents and families the opportunity to engage with a warm community. Notable locations in Boerne include Herff Park, City Park, Patrick Heath Public Library, Dog and Pony Grill, Boerne Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Agricultural Heritage Museum.
Interesting Facts About Boerne
- German colonists were some of the earliest settlers in the area surrounding Boerne. These settlers lived in a community near the Cibolo Creek, very close to Boerne. Subsequently, Boerne gained its name from a German author and publicist, Ludwig Boerne. German cultural traditions have had a large and distinct influence on the community. This is reflected in the yearly tradition, known as the "Berges Fest."
- Boerne was selected to be county seat in the 1800s.
- The San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway, a major railroad in the area, was established in 1887. This did quite a bit to boost the economy and development of Boerne.
- Cotton and tourism were some of the crucial centers of Boerne's early economy.
- Boerne was popularly chosen to be incorporated in 1909.
- San Antonio Medical Center and the University of Texas at San Antonio, not to mention other opportunities in nearby San Antonio, helped increase the population and development in Boerne.
Resources for Renters
- The City of Boerne's website provides a rich and varied list of resources for renters. The "Doing Business" and "Employment" pages will be ideal for residents who are searching the site to discover information about the economy in the community, while pages on the city's services, community and government will help residents familiarize themselves with civic life in Boerne.
Boerne Independent School District's website has invaluable information for parents new to the district, such as the school's calendar.