Find Perfect Houses for Rent in Lavon, TX
Lavon is a city in northeast Texas, on the banks of Lake Lavon. Conveniently located at the intersection of routes 205 and 78, Lavon residents can easily get to Dallas and nearby Wylie. Homes for rent in Lavon are great for families who want to live near a big city without any of the congestion. Lavon is a suburban community with a rural feel. Lavonia Park on the west end of town is great for walking, playing sports and boating on the lake.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Dallas-Arlington-Fort Worth is the 4th most populous metropolitan area in the U.S., behind New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago.
- The town is named Lavon after the first post office operator E.C. Thompson's son Lavon.
- The community has been fairly rural throughout its long history. From as early as the mid-1850s, settlers came to the area to take advantage of the fertile Blackland Prairie. The area also grew when the St. Louis, Arkansas and Texas Railways came through in 1888. The population didn't significantly rise for more than 100 years, but has become a popular place to live because of its proximity to the Dallas area.
Helpful Resources for Residents
The Wylie News is an excellent local newspaper that covers Lavon, located in Wylie just south on Route 78. This paper and online news source covers everything from high school sports and local opinion to breaking news and human interest stories.
- Families renting in Lavon should visit the Community Independent School District website for enrollment information. The district has four schools, serving the children and young adults of Lavon.
- Online payments, upcoming community events, meeting minutes - the official Lavon website has all the information and tools a renter will need to be a productive citizen of the community.