Find Beautiful Houses for Rent in Spicewood, TX
Spicewood is located along the edge of Lake Travis, northwest of Austin and south of Marble Falls. The town is an unincorporated community in Burnet County. Residents speculate that the town got its name from the spicewood trees, also known as sassafras, that grew along Little Cypress Creek. Probably best recognized as home to country star Willie Nelson, Spicewood is also home to great food and wine and many nature attractions. Homes for rent in this town provide access to the Marble Falls school system, local camping sites and the community proper.
Facts for Future Renters
- The town's community-proper is a recreation center located in the former schoolhouse.
- Adventurous renters can experience a wild tree-top ride at Cypress Valley Canopy tours. The zipline park offers both day and night adventures, and guests can choose to stay overnight in two family-sized treehouses.
- Poodie's Hilltop Roadhouse, a bar and grill that offers live music, was founded by Willie Nelson's stage manager and serves mouthwatering burgers.
- Another popular destination in Spicewood is the Krause Springs campground and swimming site. The spring-fed pools remain at 68 degrees year-round and are never dirty because of the constant flow.
Resources for Renters
- Because the town is unincorporated, it doesn't have an official website. For information about community events and local sports, renters should check The Highlander, which is the local paper for the area.
- The Marble Falls School District's mascot is the colt. The district's website provides information about local events, board meetings, food services and school staff.
- For information on the surrounding towns and local government, renters should visit the official website of Burnet County. The site also provides important information on burn bans and drought.