Find Houses for Rent in Georgetown, TX
Families looking for homes for rent in Georgetown, Texas, will find a community full of Victorian commercial architecture and an impressive restored downtown. It also offers extensive recreational opportunities for families to enjoy together.
5 Facts About Georgetown for Renters
- Georgetown is located less than 30 miles north of Austin. It's the county seat of suburban Williamson County.
- The city is also located on the edge of Texas Hill Country, which provides various recreational opportunities like hiking, camping and rock-climbing.
- Georgetown is home to the "Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas," where the Williamson County Courthouse sits at the center and is surrounded by Victorian architecture.
- The National Trust for Historic Preservation named Georgetown a Great American Main Street City in Texas. It was the first city in Texas to receive the honor.
- Southwestern University, a national liberal arts university, is located in Georgetown.
Key Resources for Georgetown Renters
- Georgetown's tourism website, Visit Georgetown, offers information on area attractions and events.
- Georgetown.org also provides renters with valuable resources on city services and activities.
Things to Do in Georgetown
- Georgetown has numerous art galleries, like the Framer's Gallery that features the works of various local artists.
- Located between the North and South San Gabriel rivers, Georgetown offers a multitude of recreation opportunities. Families renting homes in the area can try stand-up paddleboarding or visit the scenic lagoon at Blue Hole Park. The Georgetown Parks & Recreation Department provides information on public parks and programs.
- Georgetown's historic downtown area offers unique shopping and dinning experiences.
- Families can also enjoy live theater productions like musicals and comedies at the historic downtown Palace Theatre.
- The Williamson Museum gives renters in the community a chance to learn about Georgetown's historic past.