Find Perfect Houses for Rent in Alviso, CA
Alviso, Calif., is unlike any other community in the Golden State, boasting a bevy of unique homes for rent in a gorgeous rural setting. Located on the southernmost arm of San Francisco Bay, this community sits between the drainages of Coyote Creek and Guadalupe River. Alviso acts as San Jose's sole outpost on the bay, albeit a small one, and the town's untouched natural setting is in stark contrast to Alviso's tech-centric neighbors in the Silicon Valley.
3 Important Facts About Alviso for Renters to Know
- This 130-year-old town is on the National Register of Historic Places, as the once-bustling port community became one of the state's original ghost towns upon the completion of the railroad between San Jose and San Francisco in 1864.
- Because Alviso was once almost completely abandoned, the community that has emerged came to occupy beautiful brick-and-wood structures that were constructed during the city's commercial heyday.
- Alviso is considered a major destination for bikers, walkers and joggers, as there are many miles of trails and levees in the town that offer unparalleled vistas of the bay.
Things to Do and Attractions Near Alviso Rental Homes
- While once a ghost town, historic Alviso is now the site of many landmark restaurants. Mexican and Italian establishments reign supreme, while seafood is a local favorite, as the town is the site of a once-prosperous marina.
- The Bayside Cannery boasts a gorgeous mural that features depictions of life in the town from days past.
What Makes Alviso Great for Renters
This town is part of San Jose but feels worlds away from the hustle and bustle of the nation's technological hub. With easy access to other communities along San Francisco Bay, this is a convenient area to rent a home that offers an escape from city life.