Discover Houses for Rent in Clayton, CA
Clayton is located east of San Francisco near Antioch and Walnut Creek. Residents looking for homes for rent will be able to access restaurants, parks and other cultural institutions. For example, a renter can eat at Ed's Mudville Grill or Skipolini's Pizza. Parks are also found across the city, including Easley Estates Park and Regency Woods Park. Residents can belong to the Oakhurst Country Club and practice their golf game at Oakhurst Golf Course. Clayton is located in Contra Costa County. Examples of Clayton's cultural and civic life include the Clayton Community Church, the Clayton Historical Society and the Clayton Library - Contra Costa County Library.
Historical Facts About Clayton
- Clayton's founder, Joel Clayton, was involved in dairy ranching and mining. His business exploits brought him to the area of modern Clayton, where he settled on vast swathes of land.
- The Gold Rush was a significant impetus in Clayton's growth.
- The Endeavor Hall was built by the Methodist Church in Clayton in the 1860s. This edifice was soon sold to an organization called the "Christian Endeavor Society," which explains the name of the building. This society was the broader group that consisted of Clayton's Congregationalists, a mainline branch of Protestantism. The hall served as the site for planning commission and council meetings until 1995. The hall was restored in 2001.
Resources for Renters
- The city of Clayton has an official website that will help new and potential renters learn about life in the city. It has information on particular deparments in Clayton, such as Parks and Facilities. It has online forms that renters may have to fill out, such as business licenses. The site also has a page called "About Clayton" that includes several specific subtopics, including a page called "New to Clayton?"
- Parents should visit the site for Mount Diablo Unified School District to learn something new about education.