Discover Houses for Rent in Clovis, CA
Clovis is located in Fresno County. The city neighbors Fresno. Homes for rent in Clovis give residents access to a vibrant area that includes restaurants, parks and other amenities. Renters can grab a cup of coffee at Kuppa Joy Coffee House and have a cocktail at Old Town Saloon. Readers can visit the Clovis Library and A Book Barn. Restaurants include Kimmies Tavern & Grill and Ruby's. Renters with friends or extended family staying in town can put them up at the Best Western - Clovis Cole. Opportunities for leisure can be found at Music Park, Sierra Bicentennial Park and Rotary Park. The Sierra Freeway is located along Clovis' borders, giving residents a viable means of transportation.
Interesting Historical Facts About Clovis
- Clovis was known, in its early history, for its fertile wheat fields. These were ubiquitous in Fresno County.
- The city was named after Clovis M. Cole, who had a pivotal role in the city's history by pioneering agriculture in the area.
- The first settlers who came to the area of contemporary Clovis were led by missionaries, such as Padre Martin, who, along with trappers, made their home in what's contemporary Clovis. Native American tribes were indigenous to the area.
- The San Joaquin Division of the Southern Pacific Railroad was a catalyzing factor in the development of Clovis.
- Clovis is located in the San Joaquin Valley.
- The city was incorporated in 1912.
- The city has been called the "Gateway of the Sierra," reflecting its geographic location.
Resources for Renters
- Clovis has a website exhibiting information on job opportunities, the building division, bus schedules, council agendas and a variety of other important topics. Renters will also find an up-to-date calendar on the site, describing upcoming events.
- The city's chamber of commerce's website describes programs, the directory of the chamber and upcoming events that the chamber is hosting. An example of a program is the "Young Entrepreneurs Academy."