Discover Houses for Rent in Costa Mesa, CA
Costa Mesa, Calif., is hailed as "one of California's most eclectic and vibrant cities," and is loved by its residents for the interesting restaurant scene, first-class shopping and easy SoCal lifestyle. This beachy community is located south of Los Angeles in the heart of Orange County, only a mile from the Pacific coastline, and experiences a mild California climate, so homes for rent are quite popular with families looking to escape the winter conditions farther north. Costa Mesa has a stable housing market, two college campuses, an identity as the "capital of the action sports industry" and numerous family-friendly attractions, making it an exciting place to raise a family - there's always something going on in Costa Mesa.
Fast Facts for Costa Mesa Renters
- South Coast Plaza Village is a must-visit for restaurants and art galleries, and "The Triangle" is an expansive outdoor retail space.
- Costa Mesa originated as a semi-rural farming town but grew into a more self-sufficient, suburban community after it was incorporated in 1953.
- Los Angeles is just 42 miles away, making it easy for Costa Mesa families to enjoy the entertainment and services in one of the United States' largest metropolises.
- Costa Mesa means "coast tableland" in Spanish, which speaks to the beautiful landscapes you can find there.
Key Resources for Costa Mesa Families
- Costa Mesa has an official Twitter page that residents can follow for information on what's going on both in town and in City Hall.
- Costa Mesa is part of the Newport-Mesa Unified School District. Check out its website for information on district priorities, meetings, policies and other resources.
- The Orange County Transportation Authority serves Costa Mesa. Visit the OCTA Web page to find the most convenient ways to get around.
Annual Events In and Around Costa Mesa
Costa Mesa is a festive place with many community events. Some of the local favorites include the Orange County Fair, Civil War Reenactment, Costa Mesa Restaurant Week, Fish Fry and Concerts in the Park.