Discover Houses for Rent in Westminster, CA
Westminster, Calif., is known for the Westminster Mall, which houses more than 150 stores, and Little Saigon, a 1.5-mile stretch of Asian shops and restaurants, but those interested in homes for rent will quickly find that the area has a lot more to offer.
What Renters Should Know About Westminster
- Although it wasn't incorporated until 1957, Westminster's history stretches back to 1870, when it was the second colony in Orange County to be deliberately founded - Anaheim being the first.
- The city is bordered by Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Seal Beach and Fountain Valley.
- Westminster operates under the council/city manager form of government, with the city manager elected by the five city council members.
- The area is served by Westminster School District, Garden Grove Unified School District, Huntington Beach Union High School District and Ocean View School District.
Top Resources for Westminster Residents
Westminster's official website has a wealth of information about municipal departments and services, as well as maps, directions and an overview of the area's history.
- The city's OrangeCounty.net profile is another great resource, and the site also features overviews of surrounding municipalities.
- You don't have to be a businessperson to get something out of the Westminster Chamber of Commerce website, as it also offers information about local events and attractions.
Things to Do in Westminster
Westminster Mall is the shopping mecca of northwest Orange County, conveniently located off of I-405, but it's not the only happening retail establishment in the area. Located in Little Saigon, an area home to more than 3,500 Vietnamese-American businesses, the Asian Garden Mall is the largest majority Vietnamese-owned and operated mall in the country. If shopping isn't your thing, take in a production at the 122-person Westminster Community Theater or enjoy the outdoors at Liberty Park. And for kids of all ages, Disneyland is just down the street in Anaheim.