Find Dream Houses for Rent in Desert Hot Springs, CA
Desert Hot Springs is a perfect city for those who want a life of ease and relaxation. Located next to Palm Springs, homes for rent there give individuals a chance to be pampered.
Facts for Renters About Desert Hot Springs
- The first building in the area was called "Eagle's Nest Cabin." It was built by a man named Cabot Yerxa. He was one of the first homesteaders in Desert Hot Springs, and built his cabin in 1914.
- L.W. Coffee claimed to be the founder and developer of Desert Hot Springs. He convinced Yerxa to sell his land and then built Coffee's Hot Mineral Baths, the first spa in the city.
- While the city is most famous for its hot mineral water, the cold water there is equally pure and has won awards in international water competitions.
Resources for Renters
- Renters can use the City of Desert Hot Springs' website to learn about the local government and the services it offers to city residents.
- The Visit Desert Hot Springs website provides information on all of the area's spas, as well as the local water and attractions.
- The city's newspaper is The Desert Sun. Renters can subscribe or go online to keep up to date on area news, weather and sports.
Attractions in Desert Hot Springs
This city has plenty of soothing attractions to help renters relax. There are over a dozen day spas and hotels meant to help their patrons unwind with mineral baths and massages. There's even the DogSpa Resort & Wellness Center for renters who want to treat their pets as well. After time spent at the spas, individuals can explore the many shopping and dining options in the area, like the Cabazon Outlets.