Find Houses for Rent in Healdsburg, CA
Between Geyserville and Windsor is the city of Healdsburg. Individuals looking for homes for rent in an area with a high quality of life and plenty of relaxing recreation will love living in the heart of Wine Country.
Facts for Renters About Healdsburg
- The Wappo and Pomo Native Americans were the earliest residents of the area. They settled along the Russian River, taking advantage of the fertile land that comprises Healdsburg.
- The city is named after its creator, Harmon Heald. He began construction in 1857, selling lots, building stores and planning the city. It was incorporated and named after him 10 years later.
- The Russian River brought vacationers to the area starting in the late 1800s, and the city's biggest businesses are tourism and agriculture. The area has historically grown hops, lumber and grapes.
Resources for Renters
- Renters interested in the city's history can go online to the Healdsburg Museum and Historical Society page. There, it lists information on location and hours and has articles and photos to peruse.
- Healdsburg offers residents access to a branch of the Sonoma County Library. At its website renters can check hours and use various services like study guides and catalogs.
- The City of Healdsburg's website allows renters to read about the government, view various official documents and access municipal utilities offered by the city.
Attractions Around Healdsburg
Wine Country has many relaxing attractions for renters to enjoy. There are over 60 vineyards in the area to visit for tastings, and various spas where individuals can unwind. The region also offers many shopping and culinary opportunities, like SHED, which has farmers markets, a restaurant and bar. For an adventure, there are hot air balloon rides. The Russian River is ideal for canoeing, kayaking and swimming