Explore Houses for Rent in Sonoma, CA
Some people prefer a slower and more relaxed pace of life, and Sonoma can offer that lifestyle. The capital of Sonoma County, this city has traditionally been a cultural center for those living outside the Bay Area. Sonoma is located near Santa Rosa and Vallejo, which places it almost equidistant from San Francisco and Sacramento. Residents can't help but notice the Spanish colonial-inspired architecture of homes for rent, but they may not know that Sonoma was the original birthplace of California's independence movement against Mexican rule.
What to Do Around Sonoma
- As the unofficial capital of wine country, Sonoma is the home of several prominent wineries and vineyards. The city also hosts a number of festivals where visitors can sample wines, taste appetizers and mingle with their fellow residents.
- The Sonoma Raceway is a 12-turn, 2.52-mile racetrack that hosts several prominent races each year. Residents can go check out some stock car and drag racing action, or try out their own skills in go-carts or real race cars.
- The Sonoma International Film Festival attracts the work of artists from all over the world. The 18th annual event is scheduled for March 2015 and will feature more than 90 films as well as celebrity appearances.
Resources for Residents of Sonoma
- The municipal website for the city of Sonoma keeps residents up to date on services and changes related to utilities, public works projects, legislation and other town activities.
- Sonoma is the seat of government for the larger Sonoma County, and residents can make use of the county's resources through its website, such as election schedules, voter information and legal notices.