Discover Houses for Rent in Imperial Beach, CA
Imperial Beach is a California locale that's situated next to the Pacific Ocean and the Otay River. The city is close to totemic California metropolitan centers like San Diego to the north, while Tijuana is a short distance away to the south. This means that residents looking for homes for rent can drive rapidly to Mexico for a vacation with relative ease. Imperial Beach Boulevard provides a viable means of transportation to numerous great locations - such as Southland Plaza and Nolf Imperial Beach. The nearby San Diego Freeway also allows a potential renter to travel quickly - great news for early-morning commuters.
Interesting Historical Details About Imperial Beach
- The late 1800s saw a period of rapid building expansion in Imperial Beach, development that was a result of a general shift to the West in the U.S.
- The city built sidewalks in the early 1900s, indicative of the swift expansion of buildings generated with the rise of industrial technology.
- Imperial Beach boasts a lineage intimately tied to the military and navy, with important naval bases being established in the early history of the city. Renters interested in the naval history of the U.S. should delve into the interesting details Imperial Beach offers.
Resources for Renters
- Imperial Beach's website lists invaluable resources for renters, including information on development and civic codes. Potential renters can check out the website to learn more about the city's calendars, local news and department contact info.
- The city has a cool institution called "Surfboard Museum" that's in keeping with Imperial Beach's tranquil ethic. Renters should visit this to gather information on the city and its residents' relationship to the Pacific and other bodies of water in the area.
- Renters interested in the public school options available in Imperial Beach should visit South Bay Union School District's website.