Find Houses for Rent in Placentia, CA
Placentia is a city in the northern sector of Orange County. It's about 17 minutes to the city of Santa Ana. Homes for rent in the area give people a chance to enjoy the suburban life while not being far from other major cities. There's plenty to do. If you're a beer lover, look no further than the Bruery, which takes people on guided tours and let them taste an array of beers. Love the outdoors? Visit the George Key Ranch Historic Park, a picturesque garden estate known for its scenic routes. Looking for some family fun? Stop by Scooter's Jungle, known for its great birthday celebrations.
Facts for Renters
- Placentia was founded in 1837 thanks to a grant from the governor of Mexico. He gave a piece of land known as the Rancho San Juan Cajon De Santa Ana to Juan Ontiveros. This region wasn't small. Today it comprises four towns, Placentia included.
- The first settler was Daniel Kraemer. He arrived in 1865 after purchasing nearly 4,000 acres of land.
- While Placentia seems like an uncommon name, there is more than one in the world. There's also a Placentia in Newfoundland.
- Given the good amount of land that this city has, it has always been a hub of agriculture. The industry has flourished ever since it was first settled, with common crops such as avocados, citrus fruits and grapes attracting people from all over.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know the area better or find out a little more history by visiting the town website.
- Figure out what else there is to do around the city by picking up a copy of the Orange County Register.
- Learn more about local schools and whether they're right for your kids on the Placentia-Yorba Unified School District website.