Explore Houses for Rent in Victorville, CA
Located near Rosamund and Yucca Valley, Victorville is a moderately sized city in central California. Homes for rent in Victorville are separated from the Los Angeles metropolitan area by the San Gabriel Mountains, but it is still only an hour's drive to the city, making Victorville the perfect place to raise a family in peace and quiet.
Fun Facts About Victorville
- Victorville is the home of the California Route 66 Museum. Founded in 1995 by a group of Victorville residents and Route 66 enthusiasts, the museum has a complete history of the iconic highway along with unique memorabilia and artifacts.
- The Green Tree Golf Course offers world-class golfing without the stifling atmosphere of exclusive country clubs. With 6,600 yards of tees, fairways and greens, golfers can let loose on a course that has been in use since 1963.
- While Victorville's Southern California Logistics Airport may not serve many commercial flights, it has served as the filming location for several Hollywood movies. The short drive from Los Angeles means that producers are eager to shoot their films, like "The Sum of All Fears" and "Jarhead," at a less crowded airport.
Helpful Resources for Residents of Victorville
- The Victorville Daily Press covers all the news and events of the city and its neighboring towns. From coverage of high school sports to reviews of books and movies, the Daily Press keeps residents in touch with the heartbeat of the city.
- The municipal website for the city of Victorville has information on all the goings-on around the community. Residents can look up contact information for elected officials and check the city calendar for a full list of all events. The website also lets residents upload the dates of personal yard sales for the whole city to see.