Finding Houses for Rent in Seal Beach, CA
If you're looking for a home for rent in California's Orange County, consider Seal Beach. Situated between the cities of Long Beach and Huntington Beach on the state's southern coast, Seal Beach boasts sun, sea, sand and a small-town feel that makes it perfect for families.
Information for Seal Beach Renters
- Seal Beach is a charter city governed by a five-member council.
- Incorporated in 1915, Seal Beach is actually younger than its municipal pier, which was built in 1906. Today, the bustling pier is still a main attraction for visitors and local residents alike.
- No car? No problem. According to Seal Beach's official website, the area is "pedestrian-friendly." The Orange County Transportation Authority also offers a range of public transportation options.
Resources for Seal Beach Residents
- To supplement the city's website, the Seal Beach Chamber of Commerce site offers a plethora of information about major area employers, local educational opportunities, restaurants, attractions and more.
- The Chamber of Commerce also operates a Twitter account, @sbchamber, which helps get the word out about Seal Beach news and events.
What to Do in Seal Beach
Seal Beach's three-block Main Street may be small, but don't let that fool you, as it's packed with gift shops, dining establishments, antique stores and art galleries. If you prefer the great outdoors, the Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station, which makes up two-thirds of the city's land, features 1,000 acres of preserved wildlife refuge available for touring. Seal Beach is also home to a number of parks and facilities that run the gamut from A (Almond Park, with its "tot lot" kids' area, basketball court and picnic tables) to Z (the Zoeter Softball Facility).