Find Great Houses for Rent in Estes Park, CO
Estes Park is a popular resort town in Larimer County. The community lies along the Big Thompson River and is an hour outside of Loveland. The town is located in the midst of the Roosevelt National Forest and is home to the Rocky Mountain National Park headquarters. Homes for rent in Estes Park are perfect for families who love to be surrounded by nature and enjoy hiking, mountain biking and skiing.
Interesting Facts for Renters
- The town was founded in the mid-1800s by hunters and trappers. It became a popular location for individuals with pulmonary problems, as they thought the cold air would cure their illness. Estes Park was incorporated in 1917.
- Estes Park has a sister city: Monteverde, Costa Rica.
- The Rocky Mountain National Park draws millions of visitors each year. Individuals enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, horseback riding and wildlife viewing in the preserved forests.
- Estes Park is home to the historic Stanley Hotel, which was built in 1909. The building was the inspiration for Stephen King's popular horror novel "The Shining."
- Each year in September, Estes Park hosts the Scotfest, a celebration of all things Scottish. The event includes jousting, parades, live entertainment and a golf tournament.
Useful Resources for Renters
- New residents in Estes Park should visit the official town website. It hosts information about town departments, services, jobs and community events.
- For details about recreational activities in Estes Park, residents should visit the town's visitor website. It contains listings of area restaurants, hotels, stores, wineries and more.
- Families living in the area send their children to Estes Valley Schools. The district website is a great resource for information on academic calendars, school policies, events and athletic teams.