Find Houses for Rent in Berthoud, CO
Berthoud is a lovely town located in both Weld and Larimer counties. It's approximately ten minutes from the city of Loveland. Homes for rent allow families to enjoy a picnic at the scenic Carter Lake Reservoir Larimer County Park, get a massage at the Brookside Gardens Salon and Spa or have a pint of freshly brewed beer at the Berthoud Brewing Company.
Facts for Renters
- Berthoud was the original settlement in Little Thompson Valley. It's named after Capt. Edward Berthoud who helped engineer an extension on the Colorado Central Railroad route from Longmont to Cheyenne.
- In 1884, the town moved from the Little Thompson River to its present site, allowing for the area to gain more business from agriculture.
- The town's initial businesses were built directly around the town's railroad tracks to promote trade.
- Soon, business in the town was booming and the local newspaper promoted Berthoud as a "live town" with plenty of promise for future development and business.
- The first farmer in the area was James Eaglin, who planted wheat near the river. Eaglin was known for initiating the idea of "ditch companies" that helped store water for farmers in the summer months.
Resources for Renters