317 Houses For Rent in Columbus, GA
Number of Bedrooms
Columbus House Options
Looking for more?
Discover Houses for Rent in Columbus, GA
With a history dating back to the 1800s, Columbus has the benefit of historical institutions to supplement its Southern feel. Homes for rent in Columbus also provide proximity to the urban attractions of the city and its neighbor, Phenix City, Ala.
Historic High-points of Columbus
- Unlike many U.S. cities, Columbus was established only after prior consideration. The city, founded in 1828, was intended to function as a frontier trading post.
- The boundaries of Columbus have been expanded eight times since it was founded. The need to broaden the limits of the city was due to the pace of urban growth.
- Before the city was established, the site that was to become Columbus was called Coweta Reserve. The State of Georgia designated 1,200 acres of land to be used in establishing the city.
Helpful Columbus Resources
- Pages about city departments, local boards and job opportunities are available at the website of the Columbus Consolidated Government.
- Renters can get familiar with area business and learn about networking events at the Greater Columbus Georgia Chamber of Commerce website.
- The Muscogee County School District website hosts academic tools for both parents and students in Columbus.
Things to Do in Columbus
History buffs will want to check out the National Civil War Naval Museum at Port Columbus. Exhibits include the biggest extant Confederate warship, the CSS Jackson and replicas of other major vessels. The Columbus Museum can appeal not only to those interested in the past, but also the creatively minded. The permanent collections at the museum possess both works of art and historic artifacts from other times. To relax with a brew and good food, renters can drop by The Cannon Brew Pub to try beers in a number of styles and classic bar fare.
Additional Houses For Rent
Common questions asked in Columbus, Georgia
🏠 Where can I find cheap rental houses in Columbus, Georgia?
Check out Rentals.com's cheap rental houses in Columbus. You can use our price filters to find rental houses under $700, under $900, under $1100, under $1300, under $1500, under $2000
🏠 How big of a rental house can I afford?
Find Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom, 4 Bedroom rental houses within your budget in Columbus, Georgia. Or you can search for houses over 800 sq.ft, 1000 sq.ft, 1200 sq.ft, 1400 sq.ft, 1600 sq.ft, 1800 sq.ft.
🏠 How can I find a rental house in a specific school district?
Rentals.com was built with parents in mind. Within Columbus we have 317 rental houses spread across multiple school districts. To help narrow your search, simply enter the school name within the Rentals.com search bar to find rental homes in that school district.