256 Houses for Rent in Savannah, Georgia
Number of Bedrooms
Savannah House Options
Discover Wonderful Houses for Rent in Savannah, GA
Savannah is a popular city in Chatham County. It's the oldest city in the state of Georgia and approximately an hour from Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. Homes for rent allow families to watch a show at the Historic Savannah Theatre, learn a little local history at the Pin Point Heritage Museum or take in some nature at the Skidaway Island State Park.
Facts for Renters
- Savannah was first discovered in 1733 by James Oglethorpe. The area became Oglethorpe's stomping grounds and the 13th colony in America.
- Savannah is known as the nation's first planned city. Oglethorpe wanted to model the city after Babylon, which he valued for its architectural setup. It was laid out in 24 public squares and 22 still exist today.
- The city became known for its massive plantations and embrace of slavery. Cotton was the city's most popular crop, bringing in loads of wealth.
- Gen. William Sherman was so astounded by the city's beauty that he couldn't destroy it on his March to the Sea.
- Savannah was restored after experiencing several wars. Today it's still aesthetically pleasing to residents and visitors.
Resources for Residents
- Residents can find out more about the extensive history of Savannah, what are the best places to dine among the plethora of restaurants or even city events using Savannah's website.
- Learn more about the local weather, current events and daily news in the city by reading the Savannah Morning News.
- Enroll your children in the prestigious schools in Savannah or find out how to get involved using the Savannah-Chatham County School District website.