452 Houses for Rent in Augusta, Georgia
Number of Bedrooms
Augusta House Options
Looking for more?
Discover Houses for Rent in Augusta, FL
Located along a stretch of the Savannah River, Augusta, was dubbed "Garden City of The South" because of its abundance of floral parks. The city boasts multiple colleges including The Medical College of Georgia. It's home to the U.S. Army Cyber Center Fort Gordon. In addition to its reputable institutions, the area boasts golf courses, museums and art exhibits. It's diverse and prominent culture make it a great place for families looking to rent.
Interesting Facts about Augusta
- Augusta was established in 1736 by British Gen. James Oglethorpe. It was named after The Prince of Whale's wife and was later on a major site of the Civil War.
- The city's history was also associated with early Indian tribes. The Creeks and Cherokees were some of it's earliest inhabitants.
- The Masters Golf Tournament is held in August every year during the first week of April. Famous golfers, like Arnold Palmer and Tiger Woods, have competed at the event throughout its history.
- The 28th President of the United States was raised in Augusta. The Boyhood Home of President Woodrow Wilson is open to visitors. He used his mother's wedding ring to carve his name into a window that can still be seen to this day.
Resources for Renters
- Information on recreational activities that are offered at the Augusta Cana can be found at the landmark's website.
- Local history, facts and information for newcomers can be found on the city's official website.
- The Chamber of Commerce posts government, tourism and business information. It also provides a passage for visitors to access local news stories. A directory has local establishment's contact information.