Discover Beautiful Houses for Rent in Channahon, IL
Take a look at the spectacular homes for rent in Channahon, Ill., and you'll find a community that values quality parks, schools and an overall welcoming environment for its residents. While nearly one hour away from Chicago, this gorgeous town is just about 13 miles from Joliet, so going out for a night on the town isn't out of your reach. Even so, there's plenty to do and see within the Channahon city limits.
3 Things for Channahon Renters to Know
- Channahon is a Native American word for "where the waters meet." The Du Page, Des Plaines and Kankakee rivers all merge in the city.
- It's the home of the Channahon Park District, which was established in 1971. There are 19 parks, totaling more than 337 acres.
- The Channahon government is run by a Village Board of Trustees.
5 Fun Activities to Do Near Channahon Rentals
- Play a round of golf - The Heritage Bluffs Golf Course, an 18-hole award-winning course, is located right off of I-55.
- Go hiking or take a bike ride - The Illinois and Michigan Canal stretches for miles through Channahon. This historic trail runs for 96 miles along the I&M Canal, giving renters gorgeous scenic views of nature.
- Take a dip - Come visit the Tomahawk Aquatic Center, which boasts a 21-foot-high, 120-foot-long waterslide, lap lanes and a sand volleyball court.
- Pick a pumpkin - When the season is right, visit the Dollinger Family Farm. You can snag a pumpkin, watch Civil War reenactments or even weave through the corn maze.
- Grab a bite - Channahon has a variety of great restaurants, giving foodies choices like Mexican, Italian and even a pancake house.