Discover Houses for Rent in Breaux Bridge, LA
Located just 10 miles from Lafayette in southern Louisiana, Breaux Bridge is a small yet bustling city with a rich culture all its own. Settled by Arcadian exiles during the 1700s, Breaux Bridge continues to have a thriving Cajun heritage, making homes for rent in this vibrant Southern city highly sought-after by those who want both endless attractions and rustic charm.
Fun Facts About Breaux Bridge
- Breaux Bridge is known as the "Crawfish Capital of the World." The title was officially given to the city in 1959.
- The city of Breaux Bridge is part of the Arcadiana region of Louisiana. Composed of more than 20 parishes, this area is known for its large Francophone population and culture.
- Several notable people hail from the city of Breaux Bridge, including actress and former Miss USA Ali Landry, country singer Hunter Hayes and former NFL quarterback Jake Delhomme.
Helpful Resources for New Breaux Bridge Renters
- Information on the city's government, chamber of commerce, police department and events can be found on the Breaux Bridge Live website.
- Individuals interested in tasting the city's world-famous crawfish and experiencing all the culture Breaux Bridge has to offer can visit the website of the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival.
- New renters who need more details on the city's educational services can visit the St. Martin Parish School Board website.
All About Breaux Bridge
Because of its esteemed title of Crawfish Capital of the World, the annual Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival is one of the city's major culinary and cultural events. As the gateway to Louisiana's Cajun culture, Breaux Bridge is home to numerous authentic Cajun restaurants and live music venues that feature nightly Zydeco and funk performances. Downtown Breaux Bridge, which is full of Old-World buildings, is the city's main hub for food and drinks, shopping and the arts. Meanwhile, the Atchafalaya Basin offers nature lovers a canoe tour of the country's largest river basin.