122 Houses for Rent in Joppa, Maryland
Number of Bedrooms
Joppa House Options
Nearby Zip Codes
Looking for more?
Discover New Houses for Rent in Joppa, MD
Although Joppa has yet to become a bustling area, it's currently one of the more up-and-coming communities in all of Harford County. With easy access to some of the most desirable areas of the entire state, such as the Chesapeake Bay and the city of Baltimore, there are countless homes for rent that will please prospective residents who want to be a part of something special.
Considerations for Prospective Joppa Residents
- Joppa is located on the Gunpowder River, which enabled it to be a highly active trader for a variety of projects since it was first settled in the early 1800s.
- There are two major historic sites within Joppa's borders. One is the McComas Institute, which is listed in the National Register of Historic Places, and the other is Olney, which is part of the Whitaker's Mill Historic District.
- This area is currently marked for development by the county and the state, while Joppa was once referred to as Joppatowne.
Helpful Resources for Joppa Renters
- As Joppa is still being developed and hasn't been incorporated yet, renters will be able to access public services and amenities through the Harford County Government website.
- For more information about educational opportunities in the area, parents should refer to the official Harford County Public Schools website.
- Prospective renters who want to get a better idea of what life is like on a daily basis should refer to the Baltimore Sun's Web page dedicated to Joppa and Fallston.
Living in Joppa
As many current and previous residents can tell you, Joppa is a quaint and quiet place to live that isn't far from major commercial hubs such as Baltimore and Annapolis. Renters will be treated to the beautiful environments of coastal Maryland, while points farther west in the state include mountains and other natural attractions.